Chile Pharma and Healthcare Sector 2021/2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2021
Available in: English
In a Latin American context, Chile is not a particularly large pharmaceutical and healthcare market, since its population is relatively small and healthy in terms of incidence of communicable diseases. However, the country’s changing epidemiological profile and rapidly ageing population mean the sector is growing faster than the regional average. During the 2014-2019 period, total health expenditure expanded at a CAGR of 10.9%, driven by a solid increase of public spending on healthcare. In 2019, Chile allocated 9.8% of its GDP to healthcare, a figure that will continue to grow in the medium-term, as the government ramps up spending to tackle the COVID-19 pandemic and to modernise national health infrastructure. Nevertheless, the country will remain dependent on imports to meet its domestic demand for drugs. In 2019, its trade deficit in pharmaceuticals reached USD 1.5bn.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector for Chile. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector in Chile
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in Chile
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Chile
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Chile
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for subsectors (medical institutions, pharmaceuticals manufacturing and distribution channels)
See below for a complete table of report contents: