Chile Pharma and Healthcare Sector Report 2020/2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2020
Available in: English
In a Latin American context, Chile is not a particularly large pharmaceutical and healthcare market, since its population is relatively small and healthy in terms of the incidence of communicable diseases. However, the country’s changing epidemiological profile and rapidly ageing population are allowing the sector to show grow faster than the regional average. The main drug segment, in terms of value, is that of patented drugs, although generic drugs enjoy the biggest growth opportunities. Over 2013-2018, total health expenditure rose at a CAGR of 10.9%, driven by a solid increase of government spending on healthcare. In 2018, Chile allocated 9% of its GDP to healthcare, a figure that will continue to grow in the short term. The country continues to rely on imports to meet its domestic demand for drugs. In 2013-2018, its trade deficit in pharmaceuticals widened significantly, reaching USD 1.37bn in 2018.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector for Chile. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector in Chile
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in Chile
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Chile
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Chile
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for subsectors (medical institutions, pharmaceuticals manufacturing and distribution channels)
See below for a complete table of report contents: