Chile Pharma and Healthcare Sector Report 2022-2023An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2022
Available in: English
In the context of Latin America, Chile is not a particularly large pharmaceutical and healthcare market as its population is relatively small and healthy in terms of incidence of communicable diseases. However, the country’s changing epidemiological profile and ageing population mean the sector is growing faster than the regional average. Over 2015–2020, total health expenditure expanded at a CAGR of 7.2%, driven by a solid increase of public spending on healthcare. In 2020, Chile allocated 9.4% of its GDP to healthcare, slightly higher than the 9.3% share registered in 2019, as aggressive government spending to tackle COVID-19 pandemic was counterbalanced by reduced private spending in health insurance (both in the compulsory and voluntary categories). In 2020, domestic drug production surged by 8.4% y/y, but the trade deficit in pharmaceuticals continued widening.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector for Chile. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector in Chile
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in Chile
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Chile
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Chile
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (medical institutions, pharmaceuticals manufacturing and distribution channels)
See below for a complete table of report contents: