Chile Renewable Energy Sector Report 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: July 2021
Available in: English
Renewable energy is an important part of Chile’s electric power generation mix. About 46% of the overall electricity produced in 2020 was renewables-based. The non-hydro power generation took a 20% share. Chile has installed 13.7 GW of RE capacity, of which 6.9 GW was hydro, 3.5 GW solar PV, 2.7 GW wind, 480 MW bioenergy, 110 MW solar thermal and 48 MW geothermal capacity. The sector has attracted USD 25bn in RE investments in 2010-2019, as major energy enterprises tapped into the vast growth opportunities that the Chilean RE sector offers. According to ACERA, the renewable energy project pipeline amounted to 48 GW as of April 2021, 31 GW of which is solar PV, and another 12.2 GW wind capacity.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the renewable energy sector for Chile. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the renewable energy sector and the energy matrix of Chile
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key capacity, generation and consumption data for the sector in Chile
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Chile
- Ascertain Chile’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Chile
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for specific sub-sectors (e.g. wind, solar and biomass).
See below for a complete table of report contents: