Chile Retail Sector Report 2017/2018An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: August 2017
Available in: English
Chile’s is a relatively small economy – 42nd-largest in the world and sixth-biggest economy in Latin America in 2016, according to the World Bank. However, its retail sector is well developed, mature and sophisticated, and in many aspects on par with the retail sector in developed countries. In recent years, the trade sector has emerged as one of the key contributors to economic growth, expanding its GVA at a CAGR of 3.5% over 2011-2016, a growth-rate above that of the overall economy (3% CAGR), and reaching a share of 9.1% in the country’s GDP in 2016. The sector also has an important socio-economic role, being responsible for 8.2% of formal employment and 24.2% of the active enterprises in the country at end-2016, according to EMIS Insights estimates. Department stores, supermarkets and shopping centres are the most developed retail channels, in all cases featuring high levels of concentration. However, over the period 2011-2016, online retail was the most dynamic channel, expanding its sales at a robust CAGR of 20.7%.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the retail sector for Chile. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the retail sector in Chile
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key consumer confidence, income and consumption data for the sector in Chile
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Chile
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Ascertain trends in sales and market share for different types of product (e.g. food, consumer appliance, apparel and footwear, etc.)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Chile
- Build a clear picture of sales and market share for different retail channels (e.g. department stores, hypermarkets and e-commerce).
See below for a complete table of report contents: