Chile Transportation Sector Report 2016/2017An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: October 2016
Available in: English
Тhe transportation sector has emerged as one of the driving forces of Chilean economy, expanding its value added at a CAGR of 5.9% between 2010 and 2015, and reaching a share of 4.9% in the country’s GDP in 2015. In the 2015-2016 Global Competitiveness Report, published by the World Economic Forum (WEF), Chile ranked 48 out of 140 countries in terms of quality of overall infrastructure, having the second-highest score among the countries of South America, after Ecuador. Over 2010-2015, some segments of the industry (e.g. road, air and maritime passenger transport) grew rapidly, driven by both internal factors, such as mining sector development, and external factors (cruise tourism and Bolivian external trade). In 2015, maritime and rail were the two favourite modes of cargo transport, with shares of 52.5% and 33%, respectively, according to EMIS Insights estimates. Meanwhile, the rail and air modes led passenger transport, with shares of 41% and 32%, respectively.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the transportation sector for Chile. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the transportation sector in Chile
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key passenger and freight traffic for the sector in Chile
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Chile
- Ascertain Chile’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of transport (e.g. railways, airlines, shipping)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Chile.
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. road, rail and water), as well as transport infrastructure.
See below for a complete table of report contents:
DOWNLOAD A SAMPLE
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org