China Agriculture Sector Report 2020/2024An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2020
Available in: English
China is the largest agricultural economy globally, consuming and producing more than half of the world's pork, as well as supplying one third of the horticultural products, rice and cotton, and close to 20% of the wheat, maize and poultry globally. The sector plays a significant role in the Chinese economy, generating over 12.5% of the country's GDP in 2019. The government is making constant efforts to ensure the stable and healthy growth of agriculture by means of structural adjustment and financial support. The sector is also gradually opening up, offering more investment opportunities.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the agriculture sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the agriculture sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Gain insight into land and climate issues
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. grains, vegetables and livestock farming).
See below for a complete table of report contents: