China Automotive Sector Report 2020 3rd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2020
Available in: English
Supported by a rebound of economic growth and an array of government policies to stimulate car consumption, the automotive sector in China witnessed double-digit growth both in production and sales during Q2 2020. The automotive production increased by 14.1% y/y to 6.6mn units. Output of passenger car and commercial vehicle went up by 6.2% y/y and 50.1% y/, respectively, in the quarter. The sales of motor vehicles in China were 6.6mn units in Q2 2020, representing an increase of 10.3% compared to the same period in the previous year, as consumer confidence gradually recovered. The growth was mainly driven by the surge in the commercial vehicle subsector, where sales rose by 46.4% compared to Q2 2019. Passenger car sales also edged up by 2.3% y/y.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles).
See below for a complete table of report contents: