China Automotive Sector Report 2021 2nd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: July 2021
Available in: English
In Q1 2021, the automotive sector in China witnessed strong growth in terms of production and sales compared to the same period of 2020 when COVID-19 had a huge negative impact on the sector. The automotive production in Q1 2021 increased by 82.8% y/y to 6.4mn units. Output of passenger cars and commercial vehicles went up by 84.9% y/y and 76.1% y/y, respectively. The sales of motor vehicles in China were 6.5mn units in Q1 2021, representing an increase of 76.8% compared to the same period of the previous year. Both the commercial vehicle and passenger car subsectors saw a notable increase y/y, with sales rising by 77.5% and 76.6%, respectively.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles).
See below for a complete table of report contents: