China Banking Sector Report 2020 1st QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: May 2020
Available in: English
In Q4 2019, the growth of China’s banking sector remained steady. The banks’ total assets reached RMB 290tn, rising by 8.1% y/y or 1.9% q/q. Meanwhile, the total assets of large commercial banks expanded rapidly by 18.7% y/y to RMB 116.7tn at end-2019, accounting for 40% of the sector’s total. The amount of new loans in Q4 2019 reached RMB 3,191bn, an increase of 5.4% y/y. At the end of 2019, the balance of total loans reached RMB 158.6tn, 11.9% higher than at the end of 2018. The quality of commercial banks’ assets remained unchanged and the NPL ratio stood at 1.86%. The balance of medium and long-term loans rose by 13.9% y/y to RMB 96.4tn, implying more sustainable support for the real economy.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the banking sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the banking sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on assets, liquidity and profitability in the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on the trends around deposits, loans and interest rates in China
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Assess market share by bank
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (consumer finance, mortgage lending and deposits).
See below for a complete table of report contents: