China Banking Sector Report 2020 2nd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: June 2020
Available in: English
Despite the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, the growth of China’s banking sector has been solid. According to statistics published by China Banking and Insurance Regulatory Commission, the total banking assets reached RMB 302tn during the first quarter of 2020, up by 9.6% y/y or 4.3% q/q. The total assets of large state-owned commercial lenders grew by 10.3% y/y or 6.2% q/q to RMB 124tn, accounting for 41% of total banking assets.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the banking sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the banking sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on assets, liquidity and profitability in the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on the trends around deposits, loans and interest rates in China
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Assess market share by bank
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (consumer finance, mortgage lending and deposits).
See below for a complete table of report contents: