China Banking Sector Report 2021 2nd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: July 2021
Available in: English
In Q1 2021, China's banking sector continued to recover at a steady pace, as the country's economy grew by a record 18.3% y/y. After a 2.7%y/y decline in 2020, the aggregated net profit of Chinese commercial banks increased by 2.4% y/y in Q12021 to RMB 614.3bn. The combined income of the 38 publicly listed banks amounted to RMB 1.5tn in Q12021, up 3.7% y/y, albeit 1.77pp less than the y/y growth in Q12020. The net profit of the publicly listed banks reached RMB 519.9bn, an increase of 4.6% y/y.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the banking sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the banking sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on assets, liquidity and profitability in the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on the trends around deposits, loans and interest rates in China
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Assess market share by bank
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (consumer finance, mortgage lending and deposits).
See below for a complete table of report contents: