China Beverage Sector Report 2018 2nd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: August 2018
Available in: English
China beverage sector’s revenue declined for the second straight quarter in Q1 2018, reflecting lower sales volumes of soft drinks and baijiu. Beverage retail sales in Q1 2018 fell by 9.6% y/y to RMB 48.3bn. Baijiu sale volumes slumped by 20.3% y/y to 2.8bn litres and soft drink sales dropped by 13% y/y to 39.9mn tonnes. Baijiu production in Q1 2018 decreased by 17.7% y/y to 2.8bn litres, mainly due to declined demand for low–end products. The output of beer during this period was down by 7.2% y/y to 9bn litres. Grape wine output in Q1 2018 plummeted by 21% to 196mn litres. The production of soft drinks in Q1 2018 fell by 14.3% y/y to 38.6mn tonnes.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the beverage sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the beverage sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. alcoholic beverages and soft drinks)
See below for a complete table of report contents: