China Beverage Sector Report 2018 4th QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2019
Available in: English
China’s beverage sector revenue continued to decline in the third quarter of 2018, mainly due to decreased sales of soft drinks and baijiu. Beverage retail sales in July-September 2018 dropped by 16.5% y/y to RMB 52.5bn. Baijiu sales in Q3 2018 plummeted by 32.3% y/y to 2bn litres, and soft drink sales declined by 15.5% y/y to 42.8mn tonnes. Baijiu production slumped by 39.2% y/y, in Q3 2018, to 1.9bn litres, due to decreased demand for low– end products. The output of beer in this period fell by 16.9% y/y to 12bn litres because of increased imports. Grape wine output in Q3 2018 slumped by 60.8% y/y to 105mn litres. The production of soft drinks in Q3 2018 slid by 16.8% y/y to 42.8mn tonnes.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the beverage sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the beverage sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. alcoholic beverages and soft drinks)
See below for a complete table of report contents: