China Beverage Sector Report 2019 Q1An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: June 2019
Available in: English
The revenue of China’s beverage sector continued to decline in 2018, mainly due to decreased sales of soft drinks and baijiu. Beverage retail sales in Q4 2018 were down by 1.6% y/y to RMB 53.2bn, and in the full 2018 they fell by 10.3% y/y to RMB 204bn. Baijiu sales in October-December 2018 dropped by 15.7% y/y to 1.5bn litres, and plunged by 26.4% y/y to 8.5bn litres in 2018. Soft drink sales in 2018 declined by 11.3% y/y to 156.3mn tonnes.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the beverage sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the beverage sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. alcoholic beverages and soft drinks)
See below for a complete table of report contents: