China Beverage Sector Report 2021 2nd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: June 2021
Available in: English
The revenue of China’s beverage sector jumped by 29.1% y/y to RMB 409bn in Q1 2021, driven by increased sales. Beverage retail sales for the same period surged by 37.8% y/y to RMB 64.4bn. The sector’s total profit reached RMB 76.8bn, up by 43.5% y/y. Nearly all beverage production saw a sharp increase in Q1 2021. The production of baijiu for the same period surged by 19% y/y to 2bn litres. The output of the other two major alcoholic beverages (beer and grape wine) rose by 49.6% and 44.8% y/y to 8.2bn litres and 84mn litres, respectively. The output of soft drinks soared by 35.5% y/y to 41.8mn tonnes.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the beverage sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the beverage sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. alcoholic beverages and soft drinks)
See below for a complete table of report contents: