China Chemical Fertiliser Sector Report 2020-2024An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2021
Available in: English
To satisfy its growing demand for crops and other agricultural products, China, the world’s most populous country and second biggest economy, needs fertilisers to improve its food supply and demand balance. China uses about 80% of its fertilisers on cereal crops (rice, wheat and corn), fruits and vegetables, according to the latest data published by the IFA in 2017. The country has only 7% of the world’s arable land so it uses chemical fertilisers to boost crop yields and scale up agricultural production. The excessive use of chemical fertilisers, however, is raising environmental and food safety concerns.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the chemical fertilisers sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the chemical fertilisers sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. nitrogen fertilisers, phosphate and compound fertilisers, and potassium fertilisers).
See below for a complete table of report contents: