China Chemical Fertilisers Sector Report 2017/2018An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is a Euromoney Institutional Investor plc company Date: December 2017
Available in: English
China is the world's largest producer and consumer of fertilisers. The country consumes more than a third of the world’s fertilisers, which is equivalent to the combined consumption of the US and India. The world’s second biggest economy needs fertilisers to satisfy its growing demand for crops and other agricultural products. China uses 40% of its fertilisers on cereal crops (rice, wheat and corn) and a third on growing fruits and vegetables, according to data from the International Fertiliser Association (IFA). The country possesses only 7% of the world’s arable land, so chemical fertilisers have been used heavily to boost crop yields and scale up agricultural production. The excessive use of chemical fertilisers, however, is raising environmental and food safety concerns.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the chemical fertilisers sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the chemical fertilisers sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. nitrogen fertilisers, phosphate and compound fertilisers, and potassium fertilisers).
See below for a complete table of report contents: