China Chemicals Sector Report 2018/2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: May 2019
Available in: English
The chemicals sector is one of the key pillars of the Chinese economy. It comprises five major subsectors – agricultural chemicals, basic chemicals, synthetic materials, coating and dyestuff, and special purpose chemicals. Over the past two decades, China’s chemicals sector has maintained rapid growth driven by the demand on both domestic and external markets. However, the rapid expansion of the production and the normalisation of the Chinese economy’s overall growth in the past few years have resulted in overcapacity, which, along with handling the environment-related problems, is among the major challenges to the sector. Moreover, the production of chemicals is undergoing a substantial shift from basic chemical processing to high-end chemical products manufacturing.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the chemical sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the chemical sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. chemicals and chemical products, rubber and plastic products).
See below for a complete table of report contents: