China Coal Mining Sector Report 2018/2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2019
Available in: English
As the world’s second largest economy, China relies heavily on coal to ensure the stable operation of its main industries, such as energy and steel. The increasing energy consumption already made China the world’s largest producer and consumer of coal. The resource is mainly used for power generation and despite the strenuous efforts to reduce the share of coal in the energy mix, the country is expected to keep its leading position both as a producer and a consumer, at least in the short and mid term. The coal mining sector has also been influenced by rising demand from the steel sector, a pillar industry for the Chinese economy. China tends to rely on infrastructure development to sustain growth in the long term. There are around 7,000 officially registered coal mines operating in China. Coal deposits, estimated at over 249bn tonnes, are located in the country’s north and northwestern regions.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the coal mining sector for India . EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the coal mining sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on reserves, production, consumption and sales for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Ascertain India’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. brown, lignite and anthracite).
See below for a complete table of report contents: