China Coal Mining Sector Report 2020/2024An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: August 2020
Available in: English
As one of the world’s largest economies, China relies heavily on coal to ensure the stable operation of its main industries, including power generation and steel. Domestic demand is satisfied by vast domestic deposits and imports. The deposits are located mainly in the country’s north and north-western regions, which in 2019 stood at 35bn tonnes of crude coal and 134bn tonnes of anthracite and bituminous coal. Shanxi, Inner Mongolia and the Shaanxi province are China’s largest coal producing regions. Despite strenuous efforts to reduce the share of coal in its energy mix, the country is expected to maintain the world’s leading position as a coal producer and consumer.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the coal mining sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the coal mining sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on reserves, production, consumption and sales for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. brown, lignite and anthracite).
See below for a complete table of report contents: