China Construction Sector Report 2016/2017An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: July 2016
Available in: English
Construction has always been a favoured tool of the Chinese authorities for stimulating the economy and its development closely reflects that of GDP. After the global financial crisis of 2008, a government stimulus package of RMB 4tn was used for infrastructure projects, government-subsidised housing and new rural construction. Beijing also intends to use construction spending as a means to achieve the growth targeted in the 13th Five Year Plan (2016-2020) or at least to avoid a contraction of the economy. The construction sector is likely to perform well in the medium term, supported by infrastructure projects aimed at reducing regional disparities. These projects include road infrastructure to improve and expand intra- and inter-city rds new solar and wind parks, as well as hydropower units. In 2015, the construction sector comprised 6.8% of nominal GDP and employed 5.9% of workers. Two of China's six major regions – East and South Central China – accounted for nearly two-thirds of all new contracts in the sector for 2015 in terms of value.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the construction sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the construction in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and market value data for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Get a complete perspective on completed and planned construction works, as well as investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of production and completed constructions for sub-sectors (e.g. residential, non-residential and civil engineering).
See below for a complete table of report contents:
DOWNLOAD A SAMPLE
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org