China Construction Sector Report 2018/2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: November 2018
Available in: English
Construction has always been a favoured tool of the Chinese authorities for stimulating the economy and its development closely reflects that of GDP. The slowdown of China’s economy has resulted in more balanced growth of the sector during the last few years. The government intends to use construction spending as a means to achieve the growth targeted in the 13th Five Year Plan (2016- 2020) or at least to avoid a contraction of the economy. In 2017 the sector accounted for 6.7% of nominal GDP, according to data from the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS).
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the construction sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the construction in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and market value data for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Get a complete perspective on completed and planned construction works, as well as investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of production and completed constructions for sub-sectors (e.g. residential, non-residential and civil engineering).
See below for a complete table of report contents: