China Food Sector Report 2019 2nd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: August 2019
Available in: English
China food sector’s revenue in the first quarter of 2019 fell by 10.3% y/y to RMB 446.7bn, mainly due to the decline in some major food prices. In Q1 2019, pork price slid by 1.2% y/y. The prices of aquatic products and refined edible vegetable oil in the period were down by 1.5% and 0.3% y/y, respectively. The total profit of the food sector in January-March 2019 reached RMB 39.9bn, unchanged from the same period of 2018.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the food manufacturing sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the food manufacturing sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and consumption for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for subsectors (e.g. baked food, candies, convenience food, dairy products, canned food, and retail sales)