China Food Sector Report 2020 1st QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: May 2020
Available in: English
The growth of China’s healthcare sector continued in the last quarter of 2019, largely stimulated by the online healthcare segment expansion. The growth was attributed to increasing demand for quality healthcare, driven by the country’s strong economic performance, rising incomes, increasing middle class and ongoing urbanisation. The government spending on health and family planning reached RMB 300.9bn in Q4 2019, up by 2.6% y/y. Per capita spending on medicines and medical services rose by 19% y/y to RMB 488. The expenditure in urban areas stood at RMB 599 per capita, up by 15.4% y/y, while in rural areas it rose by 26.7% y/y to RMB 342.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the food manufacturing sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the food manufacturing sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and consumption for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. baked food, candies, convenience food, dairy products, canned food, and retail sales).
See below for a complete table of report contents: