China Food Sector Report 2020 3rd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2020
Available in: English
The Chinese food sector’s revenue in the second quarter of 2020 reached RMB 501.4bn, up by 8.9% y/y, driven by increased sales and prices of some major foods. The total profit of the food sector in April-June 2020 rose by 38.8% y/y to RMB 51.5bn. In Q2 2020, the output of most food products increased. The output of refined edible vegetable oil grew by 12.9% y/y to 14.4mn tonnes, that of dairy products climbed by 4.7% y/y to 7mn tonnes and that of fresh and refrigerated meat went up by 2.7% y/y to 7mn tonnes.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the food manufacturing sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the food manufacturing sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and consumption for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. baked food, candies, convenience food, dairy products, canned food, and retail sales).
See below for a complete table of report contents: