China Food Sector Report 2021 1st QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2021
Available in: English
The revenue of China’s food sector in the fourth quarter of 2020 reached RMB 549bn, down by 4% y/y. The total profit of the food sector in October-December 2020 plummeted by 23.8% y/y to RMB 47.5bn. In Q4 2020, the production of almost all foods increased. The production of fresh and refrigerated meat in the fourth quarter of 2020 grew by 7.2% y/y to 7.4mn tonnes. The output of dairy products climbed by 6.8% y/y to 7.4mn tonnes and that of refined edible vegetable oil improved by 5% y/y to 16mn tonnes. The country recorded a USD 7.9bn trade deficit in food and live animals in Q4 2020, up by 124.6% y/y, mainly due to the significant increase of imports. In the fourth quarter of 2020, the import value of food and live animals jumped by 17.4% y/y to USD 26.3bn, boosted by soaring meat imports. The export value of food and live animals during this period slid by 2.6% y/y to USD 18.4bn.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the food manufacturing sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the food manufacturing sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and consumption for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. baked food, candies, convenience food, dairy products, canned food, and retail sales).
See below for a complete table of report contents: