China Food and Beverage Sector Report 2020/2024An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: August 2020
Available in: English
China produces one-third of the world’s meat, a quarter of the world’s fruit, and a quarter of the world’s beer. It consumes half of the world’s vegetables and a third of the world’s baijiu. It is also the world’s largest importer of both food and beverages. In 2019, the sector’s revenues rose by 0.5% y/y to RMB 3,438bn, thanks to increased sales and prices of some major foods. Its total profit in the year grew by 6.6% y/y to RMB 389bn. In 2019, there were 14,374 enterprises operating in the food and beverage sector, down from 15,786 in 2018. At end-December 2019, the number of loss-making enterprises in the sector reached 1,963, accounting for 13.7% of all food and beverage producers.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the food and beverage sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the food and beverage sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of production, consumption and prices for specific sub-sectors (e.g. meat, dairy and beverages).
See below for a complete table of report contents: