China Healthcare Sector Report 2019 4th QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2020
Available in: English
In Q3 2019 China’s healthcare sector continued to expand, stimulated by further structural reforms. The period saw increased government spending on healthcare, with expenditure on health and family planning growing by 12.1% y/y to RMB 369.3bn. The country continued to introduce regulatory policies to support healthcare sector development. Such measures were particularly important, considering the Chinese government’s objective of building a moderately prosperous society by 2020. In July 2019, the country launched the Healthy China Initiative program for the 2019-2030 and introduced additional structural reforms to the sector. In August 2019, the country’s National Healthcare Security Administration (NHSA) announced a plan to reduce healthcare costs by making high-value medical devices more affordable, with price markups to be lifted by the end of 2019.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the healthcare sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. medical institutions, medical devices and pharmaceuticals).
See below for a complete table of report contents: