China Insurance Sector Report 2019 4th QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: November 2019
Available in: English
At the end of 2018, there were 195 insurance institutions operating in China, of which roughly 30% were foreign-funded or joint ventures. Traditional insurance subsectors, such as life insurance and property insurance, are highly concentrated, with the top four or five companies accounting for more than half of the total gross written premiums (GWP). These top companies managed to improve their market share in 2018, having adequate capital to adjust their business strategies and cope with industry restructuring. The total gross written premiums (GWP) in mainland China insurance market grew by nearly 4% y/y in 2018, preserving the upward trend.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the insurance sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the insurance sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on insurance premiums and claims in China.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Assess market share for the life insurance, non-life and reinsurance sectors
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (life insurance, non-life insurance, reinsurance) and for retail channels.
See below for a complete table of report contents: