China Iron and Steel Sector Report 2019 2nd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: August 2019
Available in: English
According to the China Iron and Steel Association (CISA), in the first quarter of 2019, China produced 231.1mn tonnes of crude steel and 269.1mn tonnes of steel products, up by 8.9% y/y and 9% y/y, respectively. Data from the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) shows that in Q1 2019 China’s ferrous metal smelting and pressing sector’s production capacity utilisation rate rose to 79.2%, up by 2.3 pp from Q1 2018. The production was driven by the stable demand for steel coming from the real estate and transport infrastructure construction sectors, as well as from the home appliance manufacturing sector, while the demand from the automotive sector was weak in this period.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the iron and steel casting sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the iron and steel casting sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales of iron, steel and products thereof in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. iron ore, crude and finished steel, pig and sponge iron).