China Iron and Steel Sector Report 2021 2nd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: May 2021
Available in: English
In Q1 2021, China’s iron and steel sector exhibited superb performance, significantly expanding both in terms of demand and supply. On the demand side, the sales volume and sales revenue of China’s steel products reached 188.9mn tonnes and RMB 1,541.4bn, representing y/y increases of 29.6% and 69.9%, respectively. Compared to Q1 2019—before the coronavirus crisis—these two indicators also achieved increases of 25.3% and 39.2%, respectively. The sharp increase in demand in China’s steel market was mainly driven by the strong performance of the country’s machinery, automobile, and construction sectors. According to the China Iron and Steel Association (CISA), these three sectors consume nearly 80% of the country’s total steel output. In Q1 2021, the added values created by China’s machinery and automobile sectors ascended by 39.9% y/y and 55.1% y/y, respectively. In addition—fuelled by China’s large-scale infrastructure construction and further urbanisation—the gross output value generated by the construction sector witnessed a y/y increase of 31.8% in the same period. As a result, steel consumption was substantially boosted, resulting in the sales rise in volume and value terms in China’s steel market.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the iron and steel casting sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the iron and steel casting sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales of iron, steel and products thereof in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. iron ore, crude and finished steel, pig and sponge iron).
See below for a complete table of report contents: