China Metal Processing Sector Report 2018/2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2019
Available in: English
China, with its huge manufacturing sector, is the world’s largest consumer of all kinds of base metals, as well as the largest producer of metal products. The country also ranks as the biggest producer of iron, aluminium, lead and zinc in the world. China’s economic development has a great impact on the global prices of base metals, which are strongly correlated with those of downstream metal products such as metal sheets, bars, tubes, wires and other products. In recent years, China’s metal processing sector has been facing a number of challenges, in the context of the country's shift from an investment-driven to a consumption-driven economy. The metal processing sector is characterised by low levels of concentration, fierce competition, severe steel overcapacity and a relatively low level of technological innovation.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the metal processing sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the metal processing sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and consumption data for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of production, consumption and prices for specific sub-sectors (e.g. iron and steel, non-ferrous metals).
See below for a complete table of report contents: