China Mobile Communications Equipment Sector Report 2020 4th QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: November 2020
Available in: English
The revenue of China’s mobile communications equipment sector rose by 5.4% y/y in the first three quarters of 2020, according to MIIT. The total profit during this period increased by 8.4% y/y. At end-September 2020, the total number of mobile communication base stations in China amounted to 9.16mn. As the country is accelerating construction of its 5G network, the number of 5G base stations has reached 690,000 by the end of Q3 2020, substantially higher than the 410,000 at the end of the previous quarter. Recent data from Counterpoint, a global technology industry analysis firm headquartered in Asia, shows that smartphone sales in mainland China dropped by 14% y/y in Q3 2020. Although the COVID-19 pandemic has largely been contained in the country, demand has not yet recovered to pre-COVID-19 levels. Nevertheless, the sales were up by 6% compared with the previous quarter. Half of the smartphones sold during the quarter were 5G devices.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the mobile communications sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the mobile communications sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production, sales and profitability for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture regional distribution and penetration rates.
See below for a complete table of report contents: