China Natural Gas Sector Report 2020-2024An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2021
Available in: English
Natural gas continues to outpace crude oil as China’s leading hydrocarbon resource in terms of exploration and development. In 2019, total proven reserves of conventional natural gas increased by 809.1bcm while total shale gas reserves increased by 764.4bcm. As of end-2019, the total number of proven gas fields in China reached 284, including seven shale gas fields, 25 coalbed gas fields and three CO2 fields. The natural gas sector has also witnessed more opening up in its regulatory and investment environments. For instance, the government has allowed more private investors to bid on mining rights in upstream explorations, while in the midstream the newly established state-owned National Petroleum and Natural Gas Pipe Network Group (PipeChina) will help streamline gas transmission and allow a fairer and more transparent pricing scheme for downstream users.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the natural gas sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the natural gas sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production, consumption and regional dynamics for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Gain insight into reserves, drilling activity, infrastructure and other production issues
- See natural gas consumption within the country
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. piped natural gas and LNG).
See below for a complete table of report contents: