China Paper Manufacturing Sector Report 2016 3rd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: July 2016
Available in: English
In April and May of 2016, the paper manufacturing sector’s revenue reached RMB 233bn, up 4% y/y. The growth rate decelerated from the 6.7% registered in Q1, due to the elimination of outdated production capacity. By May 2016, Dongguan, a city in Guangdong province, had closed 72 paper mills and phased out 5.3mn tonnes of outdated production capacity. In April and May of 2016, the import value of paper and paperboard products fell by 8.5% y/y, as more foreign paper producers expanded their business in China. Local companies had to produce more high-tech, less polluting products or expand financial and leasing businesses to increase their profit. In April 2016, Shandong Chenming announced plans to invest RMB 8bn to expand its paper making and financial and leasing businesses.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the paper sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the paper sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. machine-made paper, uncoated paper, and sanitary paper).
See below for a complete table of report contents: