China Paper Sector Report 2018 Q4An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2019
Available in: English
China paper sector’s revenue in the third quarter of 2018 fell by 16.5% y/y to RMB 336.7bn, due to decreased sales and prices of paper and paper products. In Q3 2018, sales volume of machine–made paper and paperboard dropped by 13.1% y/y to 28.2mn tonnes. The output of machine-made paper and paperboard in Q3 2018 declined by 9.8% y/y to 28.8mn tonnes, due to increasingly stringent environmental protection policies. The production of newsprint in Q3 2018 slumped by 29.6% y/y to 456,000 tonnes, as China's newsprint consumption continued to decline. More and more paper making companies are exiting the newsprint market, due to lack of raw materials. The tightened restrictions on solid waste imports make the situation worse, as more than 70% of the waste paper used to produce newsprint is imported from the US.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the paper sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the paper sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. machine-made paper, uncoated paper, and sanitary paper).
See below for a complete table of report contents: