China Pharmaceutical Sector Report 2020 2nd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: June 2020
Available in: English
In the first quarter of 2020, China's pharmaceutical manufacturing sector was strongly affected by the coronavirus outbreak. Pharmaceutical companies delayed the start of work, due to blocked transportation and restrictions on movement of people and goods. In this period, China’s production volume of API declined by 6.7% y/y to 672,000 tonnes, while TCM production dropped by 30.5% y/y to 462,000 tonnes. Drug prices continued to decline, which dragged down pharmaceutical companies’ profits. During the quarter, China’s pharmaceutical sector generated total revenue of RMB 501.9bn, reporting an 8.9% y/y decline, while its total profit plummeted by 15.7% y/y to RMB 61.4bn.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the pharmaceutical sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the pharmaceutical sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (western medicine, traditional Chinese medicine)
See below for a complete table of report contents: