China Pharmaceutical Sector Report 2021 3rd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: December 2021
Available in: English
In Q2 2021, the pharmaceutical manufacturing segment generated RMB 749.2bn in revenue, up by 23.3% y/y, and made RMB 185.3bn in total profit, up by 90.6% y/y. The positive performance was mainly attributed to the higher output of chemical medicine APIs, which increased by 16.8% y/y to 725,000 tonnes in the quarter, while that of TCM production reached 573,000 tonnes, slightly down by 0.7% y/y. As a result, the year-to-date value-added of the pharmaceutical industry reached 29.6% by the end of June 2021.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the pharmaceutical sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the pharmaceutical sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (western medicine, traditional Chinese medicine)
See below for a complete table of report contents: