China Real Estate Sector Report 2020 3rd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2020
Available in: English
The performance of China’s property market took a heavy blow in terms of investment, new starts, sales and land market in Q1 2020, strongly impacted by the outbreak of COVID-19. However, the situation turned around in the second half of Q2 2020, thanks to the country’s rapid response to the outbreak. In Q2 2020, China’s total real estate investment (REI) was RMB 4.1tn, up by 8% y/y, rebounding from the 7.7% y/y drop in Q1 2020. All of the four components of REI (residential, office, commercial and others) turned positive in Q2 2020. In Q2 2020, property sales value rose by 12.3% y/y to RMB 4.9bn, compared with a 24.7% y/y decrease in Q1 2020. Specifically, residential property sales were up by 13.3% y/y, reversing from a 22.8% y/y decline in Q1 2020, while the sales of office, commercial and other buildings continued to fall.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the real estate sector for China . EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the real estate sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on floor space, sales, vacancy rates and rents for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. residential, office, commercial/retail and industrial)
See below for a complete table of report contents: