China Rubber Sector Report 2018 4th QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2019
Available in: English
In the third quarter of 2018, the revenue of China’s rubber products sector contracted by 33.4% y/y to RMB 158bn, as a result of the falling sales volumes of rubber products. In this period, the sales revenue of the largest subsector, tyres, shrank by 25.4% y/y to RMB 87.4bn, as a result of weaker demand coming from China’s automotive sector. According to the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers (CAAM), in Q3 2018 China sold 6.4mn cars, down by 7% y/y, while in Q4 2018 China’s car sales went down by 13% y/y to 7.6mn cars, the steepest decline in seven years. In this period, the revenue of the rubber plate, hose & belting subsector shrank by 65.1% y/y to RMB 12.5bn, while the rubber accessories subsector’s revenue dropped by 39.4% y/y to RMB 15.5bn.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the rubber sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the rubber sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. tyre rubber products, rubber plate, hose and belting).
See below for a complete table of report contents: