China Textile Manufacturing Sector Report 2018 3rd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: October 2018
Available in: English
The revenue of China’s textile sector in the second quarter of 2018 plummeted by 25.7% y/y to RMB 818.8bn, due to decreased sales of textiles. With the stringent environmental protection policies of the Chinese government toward some of the most polluting sectors, including textile manufacturing, the output of Chinese textile mills continued to decline substantially. During the second quarter of 2018 the production of yarn plunged by 20.9% y/y to 8.7mn tonnes. In order to reduce the pollutant emissions and improve the quality of the environment, the Chinese government continued to implement more stringent environmental policies and standards in highpollution industries such as textile manufacturing. From April 1, 2018, China officially began to levy environmental taxes, according to the requirements of the new Environmental Protection Tax Law. These taxes will have a significant influence on textile sector, as the wastewater discharge of the textile sector accounts for 7.5% of the national industrial wastewater discharge, ranking fifth among all industries in the country.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the textile sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the textile sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China.
See below for a complete table of report contents: