China Transportation Sector Report 2018 4th QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2019
Available in: English
In the third quarter of 2018, total passenger traffic in China saw a slight decrease of 1.3% y/y to 4.7bn persons, due to declined passenger traffic in the highway subsector. In Q3 2018, highway passenger traffic slid by 4.8% y/y to 3.5bn persons, as the reduction of road tolls made more people using their own cars for travelling. However, the total passenger turnover in Q3 2018 climbed by 5.3% y/y to 948bn person-km, thanks to increased passenger turnover in the air and railway transportation subsectors. Passenger turnover in the air subsector during this period rose by 12% y/y to 281bn person-km and passenger turnover in the railway transportation subsector increased by 6.7% y/y to 422bn person-km.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the transportation sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the transportation sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key passenger and freight traffic for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of transport (e.g. railways, airlines, shipping)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. road, rail and water), as well as transport infrastructure.
See below for a complete table of report contents: