Colombia Agribusiness Sector Report 2022-2023An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: December 2021
Available in: English
In 2020, Colombia’s agriculture, livestock, forestry, hunting and fisheries sector increased its share in overall GDP to 7.6%, from 6.4% in 2019. Between 2015 and 2020, the sector’s GVA rose at a CAGR of 3.2% in real terms. This positive development led to an increase in both the country’s planted area and production volume over the past five years. In 2020, the primary industry was one of the only sectors to remain resilient to the pandemic and register growth. Its role as a major employer in the country increased during the year, when the sector accounted for 16.8% of all jobs in the country. Moreover, in 2020, the primary sector accounted for 18.4% of Colombia’s total export value, following a positive performance on the international market by the livestock segment, which more than doubled in terms of export value during the year.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the agribusiness sector for Colombia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the agribusiness sector in Colombia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Colombia
- Gain insight into land and climate issues
- Ascertain Colombia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Colombia
- Build a clear picture of trends, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. grains, vegetables and livestock farming).
See below for a complete table of report contents: