Colombia Agriculture Sector Report 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2021
Available in: English
In 2019, Colombia’s agriculture, livestock, forestry, hunting and fisheries sector accounted for 6.7% of the country’s GDP. Between 2014 and 2019, the sector’s GVA rose at a CAGR of 3.3% in real terms. This positive development led to an increase in both the country’s planted area and production volume. In 2019, the primary industry was among Colombia’s major employers, responsible for 12.2% of all jobs in the country. Moreover, in 2019, the agriculture and livestock sector accounted for 13.6% of Colombia’s total export value, with coffee and palm oil being among the major export products with a history of chronic trade surpluses. The country’s primary industry remained among the sectors most resilient to COVID-19, which reached Colombia in March 2020, mainly due to its essential nature and inelastic demand.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the agriculture sector for Colombia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the agriculture sector in Colombia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Colombia
- Gain insight into land and climate issues
- Ascertain Colombia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Colombia
- Build a clear picture of trends, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. grains, vegetables and livestock farming).
See below for a complete table of report contents: