Colombia Construction and Real Estate Sector Report 2017/2018An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is a Euromoney Institutional Investor plc company Date: August 2017
Available in: English
Construction is the fourth-largest economic sector in Colombia, accounting for 9.4% of the country’s GDP, 5% of total FDI inflow and 6.2% of formal employment in 2016. Over the period 2011-2014, the construction sector emerged as one of the main growth drivers of the Colombian economy, expanding its gross value added (GVA) at a CAGR of 9.2%, favoured by high government spending on transport infrastructure, the launch of social housing programmes and robust demand for modern office and logistics buildings. Since 2015, the sector’s growth has decelerated in line with overall economic slowdown, rising inflation and borrowing costs, and the lower government spending that has resulted from the sharp fall in oil export revenues. However, construction activity is set to pick up in 2017, supported by the execution of large transport infrastructure projects from the 4G and Roads for Equity programmes and the launch of the second stage of the 100% Subsidised Housing programme.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the construction and real estate sector for Colombia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the construction and real estate sector in Colombia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and market value data for the sector in Colombia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Colombia
- Ascertain Colombia’s position in the global sector
- Get a complete perspective on completed and planned construction works, as well as investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Colombia
- Build a clear picture of production and completed constructions for sub-sectors (e.g. residential, non-residential and civil engineering) and the property market dynamics (e.g. vacancy rates, new leases and new projects).
See below for a complete table of report contents: