Colombia Food and Beverage Sector Report 2016/2017An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2016
Available in: English
The value added of Colombia’s food and beverage sector expanded at a CAGR of 2.5% over the period 2010-2015, supported mainly by rising household income and the expanding product portfolio of local producers. The sector was among the major employers of the country, responsible for about 25% of the jobs in the manufacturing industry in 2015. In addition, it was among the main exporters of the domestic economy, with coffee products and sugar being the main drivers of food and beverage exports. In 2015, the sector accounted for about 13% of the total value of exports. However, Colombia remains reliant on the imports of meat, dairy products and beverages to meet the growing needs of its population. In 2015, food and beverage imports had a share of 6.2% of national imports. The rising potential of the domestic market has already attracted some of the largest global players in the food and beverage sector, such as Nestlé, Mondelez, Coca-Cola, PepsiCo and SABMiller.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the food and beverage sector for Colombia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the food and beverage sector in Colombia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in Colombia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Colombia
- Ascertain Colombia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Colombia
- Build a clear picture of production, consumption and prices for specific sub-sectors (e.g. meat, dairy and beverages).
See below for a complete table of report contents: