Colombia Food and Beverage Sector Report 2018-2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: July 2018
Available in: English
Colombia’s food and beverage sector is a major contributor to the country’s economy. The domestic GDP growth is highly dependent on household consumption. According to data from the Central Bank of Colombia, in 2017, 62.9% of the country’s GDP was generated by household consumption. Between 2012 and 2017, the domestic food and beverage sector GVA grew at a CAGR of 2.1%, supported by the increasing household income and the expanding product portfolio of the local producers. The sector remains among the major employers in the country, accounting for about a quarter of all jobs in the
manufacturing industry. In addition, it is a major exporter with a 12.5% share of the total export value of Colombia in 2017, the coffee and the oils and fats being the leading export segments. The country,
however, remains dependent on the imports of poultry, pork and beverages.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the food and beverage sector for Colombia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the food and beverage sector in Colombia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in Colombia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Colombia
- Ascertain Colombia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Colombia
- Build a clear picture of production, consumption and prices for specific sub-sectors (e.g. meat, dairy and beverages).
See below for a complete table of report contents: