Colombia Food and Beverage Sector Report 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: July 2019
Available in: English
The food and beverage industry is one of the largest sectors in the Colombian economy, responsible for 3.4% of the country’s GDP in 2018. Between 2013 and 2018, the sector’s GVA rose at a CAGR of 2.1%, supported by growing domestic demand and higher household incomes. The best-performing segment during this five-year period was coffee production, the GVA of which grew at a CAGR of 4.5%, followed by the oils and fats segment with a CAGR of 3.4%. Other important areas include milling, bakery products, confectionery, fruits and vegetables, meat and fish. In 2018, the industry was among the major employers in the country, responsible for more than a quarter of all jobs in the manufacturing industry. Moreover, in 2018 the sector was responsible for 10.8% of Colombia’s total export value.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the food and beverage sector for Colombia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the food and beverage sector in Colombia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in Colombia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Colombia
- Ascertain Colombia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Colombia
- Build a clear picture of production, consumption and prices for specific sub-sectors (e.g. meat, dairy and beverages).
See below for a complete table of report contents: