Colombia ICT Sector Report 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2021
Available in: English
Colombia’s ICT sector is of great importance to the country in terms of GDP, employment and investment. In 2019, the information and communications sector’s gross value added increased by 1.7% y/y in real terms, reaching COP 24.9tn, or 2.8% of total GDP. Moreover, the sector represented 7% of total foreign direct investment and 7.6% of overall employment in Colombia in 2019. Given its relevance, Colombia’s national government has put the sector at the core of its development efforts, streamlining the regulatory framework of the industry in 2019 with the passing of the ICT Modernisation Law. However, 2019 presented mixed results for the sector with revenues, FDI and employment experiencing mild decreases, despite the continued growth in subscribers and GVA.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the ICT sector for Colombia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the ICT sector in Colombia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on domestic demand and macroeconomic indicators that impact on the sector in Colombia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Colombia
- Ascertain Colombia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by sub-sector (e.g. pay tv, broadband internet)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Colombia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. mobile and fixed telephony, broadband internet).
See below for a complete table of report contents: